Capital District Board of Women's Soccer Officials
- NFHS Rules apply unless indicated below.
- The maximum length of the quarter shall be fifteen (15) minutes.
*** Coaches may not agree among themselves to play in halves ***
- Free substitution is permitted when the ball goes over the side line (touch line) or end line.
- Only sneakers or shoes with molded soles and molded cleats are permitted in the modified program.
Shoes with metal posts or spikes are not permitted in any modified sport.
- Shin guards must be worn at all times by all players.
- It is no longer necessary for a modified goalie to wear a helmet in New York State.
All modified goalies must continue to wear the mouthpiece.
A modified soccer goalie may choose to wear the helmet and schools
may require modified soccer goalies to wear a helmet.
It is no longer required by rule.
- A mouthpiece shall be worn by the soccer goalie for protective purposes.
- One time out period per quarter (including each overtime period) may be called whenever the ball is dead.
The coach is permitted on the field during the time out period to instruct the players.
- The sliding tackle is not permitted.
- The overhead scissors kick is not permitted.
- Corner flag posts must be flexible in nature (wood, plastic or plastic foam)
and conform to the NFHS rule standard of not being less than 5 feet high.
Plastic traffic cones may be substituted in place of corner flags.
- There shall be two overtime periods of four minutes when the regulation game ends in a tie.
A coin shall be flipped prior to the first overtime period.
If a tie still exists after the second overtime, no further play shall be conducted.
- In the event of a disqualification of a player, a substitution must be made for that disqualified player.
If a team has no eligible substitute, the team may continue to play shorthanded.
- The flip throw-in shall not be permitted.
- If a 5th quarter is played, the overtime periods are completed first; then the 5th quarter shall be played.
- *** If the coaches and officials agree to a 5th quarter,
the overtime periods are completed first; then the 5th quarter shall be played.
If the 5th quarter is played, the officials are entitled
to an additional fee. See the Fees for more information ***